STAT of the Union Week 9: Battle of Midway
Halfway through the SEC schedule and Auburn is in the middle of it’s most trying stretch. Going a combined 1-5 vs the statistical and record bottom of the SEC. The stats, however, only reflect minor changes, but they were changes to the negative. Here’s the Spreadsheets:
A couple of quick observations:
- Outside of Ethan Wallen. Every Auburn pitcher who had made a previous appearance, took the mound for this 4 game series. Cameron Blinka and Justin Camp have not made an appearance.
- Garrett Cooper (.083) and Zach Alvord (.077) struggled mightily in Nashville. Alvord at least was given a night off tonight, but at some point, Cooper will need a full day spell with either Ortman, Bryant, or Savage taking duties over one day.
- Speaking of Bryant, according to the radio broadcast, if Coop was unable to go Saturday or Sunday after taking a bad tweak in the field Friday, Bryant was to play First, Alvord at 3rd, and Bobby Andrews at DH.
- We actually did steal some bases. Hopefully this is a good trend.
- Tella continues to be our best and most consistent hitter, though he has hit some dry spells in the midweek games.
- Creede Simpson hit .400 during the Vandy series, hopefully this and Gonzo’s .444 clip are a step in the right direction.